One Door Many Paths: Meet Your Neighbors
May 21, 2018
The One Door Many Paths Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Summit will be held May 21, 2018, at the Sheraton West Des Moines. This is Iowa's second jointly facilitated event by Iowa Workforce Development, the Iowa Department of Education, Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Iowa Department for the Blind, and the Association of Iowa Workforce Partners in partnership with several other key state agencies and community partners.
Cost: Only $100!
Register before January 30 and SAVE 20%
At this time, we are requesting proposals for presenters for this conference. Proposals will be accepted through the close of business on February 23, 2018.
- Career Pathways
- Sector Partnerships
- Collaboration/Sharing Customers
- Integrated Education and Training
- Service Design
- Promising Practices
- Serving Targeted Populations (Persons with Disabilities, Youth, Ex-Offenders, etc.)
Tom Harkin served in the United States Senate from 1985 to 2015. In the Senate, Tom Harkin was a proponent of the rights of individuals with disabilities, introducing the Americans with Disabilities Act. This seminal piece of legislation has paved the way for expansion of the independence and autonomy of individuals with disabilities. Senator Harkin currently supports the work of the Harkin Institute for Public Policy and Citizen Engagement at Drake University, a non-partisan research, learning, and outreach entity committed to promoting understanding of policy issues to which the Senator devoted his career.
Guest rooms are available at the Sheraton West Des Moines, but are not available at the state rate. The following area hotels offer the state rate, some based on availability.
Sterling Hotel & Suites
11428 Forest Ave., Clive, IA 50325
Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Clive
1520 NW 114th St., Clive, IA 50325
Days Inn Des Moines-West Clive
1600 NW 114th St., Clive, IA 50325
(Will accept AAA rate in lieu of state rate - $65.70 plus tax)
Country Inn & Suites Des Moines West
1350 NW 118th St., Clive, IA 50325
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites
1450 NW 118th St., Clive, IA 50325
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines West Clive
1390 NW 118th St., Clive, IA 50325
Be an early bird: Register before January 30, 2018, and save 20 percent!
- A separate registration, with a unique email address, is required for each participant.
- If you are sending a check to pay for multiple participants, please indicate ALL registrants being paid for, including yourself. If paying with an institutional (non-personal) check for your single registration, include your name in the memo field. Make checks payable to the Association of Iowa Workforce Partners.
- To request an invoice if paying by check, please email Kasi Krehbiel and include the name(s) of registrant(s) for whom you will be paying.
- Credit card refunds will not be made after 60 days from the date of registration.
- Refunds will not be made after April 27, 2018.